Open To The Public / Closed Group
10:00 - 17:00
VMware Professional NSX-T Data Center 3.0
This five-day hands-on training gives you advanced knowledge, skills and tools to gain competence in running and troubleshooting the VMware NSX-T ™ Data Center environment.
This course will describe the various operating and troubleshooting tools that help manage and troubleshoot your NSX-T Data Center, as well as the workflows of various network and security structures.
In addition, various technical problems that you will identify, analyze and solve in a systematic process will be discussed.
• Introduction and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Resources and references
• Learning paths and certifications
• Review of Virtual Cloud Network Framework
• Recap of NSX-T Data Center architecture and components
• Develop a structured approach to troubleshooting
• Differentiate between symptoms and root causes
• Identify and isolate problems residing in various areas
• Apply an appropriate methodology and procedure to troubleshooting
• Describe the NSX Management cluster architecture, components, and communication channels.
• Identify the workflows involved in configuring the NSX Management cluster.
• Validate and troubleshoot the NSX Management Cluster formation
• Explain and troubleshoot ESXiTM Transport Node preparation issues.
• Explain and troubleshoot KVM Transport Node preparation issues.
• Explain and troubleshoot NSX Edge Transport Node preparation issues.
• Understand the architecture of Logical Switching
• List the modules and processes involved in configuring Logical Switching
• Explain the importance of N-VDS in Transport Nodes
• Explain the GENEVE protocol and GENEVE header format
• Review the architecture and workflows involved in configuring OVS
• Identify and troubleshoot common Logical Switching issues.
• Review the architecture of Logical Routing and NSX Edge nodes
• Explain the workflows involved in the configuration of Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateways.
• Explain the HA modes and logical router placements.
• Identify and troubleshoot common Logical Routing issues
• Review of Load Balancer architecture and components
• Identify and troubleshoot common Load Balancing issues.
• Review the architecture of Distributed Firewall
• Explain the workflows involved in configuring Distributed Firewall
• Review the architecture of Gateway Firewall
• Explain the workflows involved in configuring Gateway Firewall
• Identify and troubleshoot common Distributed Firewall and Gateway Firewall issues.
• Review and perform the backup and restore of the NSX-T Data Center environment
• Explain and validate the native troubleshooting tools (dashboards, traceflow, port connection tool, port
mirroring) involved in troubleshooting the NSX-T Data Center environment
• Configure syslog, IPFIX, and log collections for the NSX-T Data Center environment
• Validate and review the APIs methods available to configure the NSX-T Data Center environment
• Identify the proper sequence of steps to upgrade NSX-T Data Center
• Describe the necessary pre-upgrade and port-upgrade checks
• Understand the Upgrade Coordinator architecture
• Review and troubleshoot the upgrade process for NSX-T Data Center Environment
• Describe the components involved in the NSX-T Data Center Datapath
• Verify and validate the path of the packet on the NSX-T Datapath
• Identify and perform packet captures at various points in Datapath
• Use nsxcli to retrieve several configurations involved in NSX-T Datapath
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our client managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings specific to your company in vSmart training offices or at your company site.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
In particular, the trainings you have received in Official VMware trainings are entered into the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite required to take the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert consultants at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.