Open To The Public / Closed Group
10:00 - 17:00
VMware Specialist - vSAN 2020
During the training, installation and management issues of software based data storage solution will be discussed with VMware Virtual SAN 6.7 product.
Participants will learn how VMware Virtual SAN product plays an important role in VMware's software-based data storage solution.
Participants will gain the practical experience of Virtual SAN concept with the applications they will make until the end of the training.
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Describe the software-defined data center
• Describe basic vSAN architecture and components
• Describe the differences between file, block, and object storage
• Explain the advantages of object-based storage
• Detail the configuration of a vSAN cluster
• Install and validate the initial vSAN installation and configuration
• Apply vSAN design considerations
• Detail the expansion of a vSAN cluster
• Configure vSAN disk groups manually
• Identify physical network configuration requirements
• Describe the configuration of vSAN networking
• Test and validate the vSAN configuration and functionality
• Describe the vSAN architecture and components
• Describe the differences between the vSAN hybrid and all-flash architectures
• Describe the advantages of all-flash architecture
• Describe the space-efficiency features of vSAN
• Describe the different vSAN assessment tools
• Explain vSAN License Details
• Explain how storage policies work with vSAN
• Define and create a virtual machine storage policy
• Apply and modify virtual machine storage policies
• Change virtual machine storage policies dynamically
• Identify virtual machine storage policy compliance status
• Explain how to configure encryption in the vSAN cluster
• Explain the management of hardware storage devices
• Identify alarms for vSAN events
• Describe and configure fault domains
• Describe the configuration of the vSAN iSCSI service, iSCSI targets, and LUNS
• Use vSphere Web Client to detect issues
• Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
• Monitor vSAN with VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™
• Use ESXi commands to monitor the vSAN environment
• Monitor vSAN with Ruby vSphere Console
• Discuss hardware failure scenarios
• Describe the process of resynchronization
• Explain the possible reasons for resynchronization
• Describe the use of vSphere Client to detect issues
• Explain the use of the health service to monitor vSAN health
• Explain the use of the performance service to monitor vSAN performance.
• Monitor and test the vSAN environment
• Describe vSAN architecture components and the PNOMA OSI model.
• Describe the architecture for stretched clusters and two-node clusters
• Create a stretched cluster
• Describe how stretched cluster storage policies affect vSAN objects
• Create and apply a vSAN stretched cluster policy to meet specific needs
• Discuss the behavior of a stretched cluster when various types of failures occur
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our customer managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings for your company in vSmart training offices or on the spot of your company.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all the trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
The trainings you have received, especially in Official VMware trainings, are posted on the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite for taking the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert advisors at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.