Open To Public / Closed Group
10:00 - 17:00
VMware Specialist - vSAN 2020
In this two-day course, you will focus on learning VMware vSAN ™ 6.7 configuration and implementation skills. With the completion of trainer-led activities and hands-on lab work, you will gain practical experience with vSAN production operations.
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Recognize the importance of hardware compatibility
• Ensure the compatibility of driver and firmware versioning
• Use tools to automate driver validation and installation
• Apply host hardware settings for optimum performance
• Recognize the benefits of using VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch™
• Compare the benefits of NIC teaming and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
• Plan appropriately for networking configuration changes
• Identify ESXCLI commands and namespace options
• Recognize how to use ESXCLI commands for troubleshooting vSAN software and hardware issues
• Use Ruby vSphere Console (RVC) to get detailed information about the vSAN environment
• Describe vSAN storage policies
• Recognize the impact of a vSAN storage policy change
• Describe and configure the Object Repair Timer advanced option
• Plan disk replacement in a vSAN cluster
• Plan maintenance tasks to avoid vSAN object failures
• Recognize the importance of backing up data in vSAN
• Describe the VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Data Protection framework
• Recognize the importance of managing snapshot utilization in a vSAN cluster
• Perform typical vSAN maintenance operations
• Describe vSAN maintenance modes and data evacuation options
• Assess the impact on cluster objects of entering maintenance mode
• Determine the specific data actions required after exiting maintenance mode
• Define the steps to shut down and reboot hosts and vSAN clusters
• Migrate vSAN to a new vCenter Server instance
• Use best practices for boot devices
• Upgrade and update vSAN
• Replace vSAN hardware by using scale-in and scale-out strategies
• Identify differences between VM encryption and vSAN encryption
• Recognize how to perform ongoing operations to maintain data security
• Identify steps in adding an existing encrypted vSAN cluster to a new vCenter Server instance
• Describe how the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) enables VMware to improve products and services
• Identify the vSAN tools and health checks available for monitoring vSAN health
• Manage alerts, alarms, and notifications related to vSAN in vSphere Client
• Create and configure custom alarms to trigger vSAN health issues
• Describe the vSAN tools and services that monitor vSAN performance
• Use performance views to access metrics for monitoring vSAN clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
• Explain how the writing of data generates I/O traffic and affects vSAN performance
• Use performance metrics to analyze the vSAN environment
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our customer managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings for your company in vSmart training offices or on the spot of your company.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all the trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
The trainings you have received, especially in Official VMware trainings, are posted on the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite for taking the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert advisors at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.