Open To Public / Closed Group
Professional VMware vSphere 7.x
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale training is designed for experienced vSphere users. In this training, the necessary knowledge and skills are transferred for the configuration and maintenance of a backup and scalable virtual infrastructure.
Lecture and applications are presented to users as a whole. The vSphere features needed by a scalable infrastructure will be configured, optimized, and participants will have the opportunity to discuss which feature will have the best impact, where, and when.
It would be beneficial for professionals who want to understand and use the features of vSphere product at an advanced level, to participate in this training. This course is based on VMware ESXi 7.0 and VMware vCenter Server 7.0.
At the end of the training, participants can take the title of Professional VMware vSphere 6.7 - Data Center Virtualization exam (VCP - DCV 2020).
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches
• Describe how VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control enhances performance
• Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring and NetFlow
• Explain why VMware vSphere® VMFS is a high-performance, scalable file system
• Explain VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration, VMware vSphere® API for Storage
Awareness™, and vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering
• Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
• Create VMware vSAN™ storage policies
• Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
• Discuss vSphere support for NVMe and iSER
• Use the vSphere Client to manage vSphere certificates
• Describe identity federation and recognize its use cases
• Configure identity federation
• Describe the benefits and use cases of vSphere Trust Authority
• Configure vSphere Trust Authority
• Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
• Manage and update VM templates in content libraries
• Create and manage resource pools in a cluster
• Explain the CPU scheduler operation and other features that affect CPU performance
• Explain NUMA and vNUMA support
• Use esxtop to monitor key CPU performance metrics
• Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host-swapping techniques for memory reclamation when
memory is overcommitted
• Use esxtop to monitor key memory performance metrics
• Describe storage queue types and other factors that affect storage performance
• Use esxtop to monitor key storage performance metrics
• Explain performance features of network adapters
• Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
• Use esxtop to monitor key network performance metrics
• Describe the factors that influence vCenter Server performance
• Use VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ tools to monitor resource use
• Differentiate between containers and virtual machines
• Identify the parts of a container system
• Recognize the basic architecture of Kubernetes
• Describe a basic Kubernetes workflow
• Describe the purpose of vSphere with Kubernetes and how it fits into the VMware Tanzu portfolio
• Explain the vSphere with Kubernetes supervisor cluster
• Describe the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service
• Explain the purpose of VMware vSphere® ESXi ™ Image Builder CLI
• Explain the purpose of VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™
• Describe how an autodeployed ESXi host boots
• Configure a vSphere Auto Deploy environment
• Configure ESXi Host Access and Authentication
• Recognize strategies for securing vSphere components, such as vCenter Server, ESXi hosts, and virtual machines
• Describe vSphere support for security standards and protocols
• Describe virtual machine security features
• Describe the components of a VM encryption architecture
• Create, manage, and migrate encrypted VMs
• Encrypt core dumps
• List VM encryption events and alarms
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our client managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings for your company at vSmart training offices or at your company site.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
In particular, the trainings you have received in Official VMware trainings are entered into the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite required to take the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert advisors at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.