Open To Public / Closed Group
10:00 - 17:00
Professional VMware vSphere 7.x
VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V7] aims to provide participants with advanced knowledge, skills and abilities to troubleshoot problems that may occur in vSphere 7.0 environments.
This training increases the ability and ability of the participants to use tools such as command line, vSphere Client, VMware vRealize Log Insight to be used during problem analysis and solution.
This training is based on VMware ESXi 7.0 and VMware vCenter Server 7.0.
At the end of the training, participants can take the title of The Professional VMware vSphere 6.7 - Data Center Virtualization exam (VCP - DCV 2020).
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Define the scope of troubleshooting
• Use a structured approach to solve configuration and operational problems
• Apply a troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
• Use command-line tools (such as Linux commands, vSphere CLI, ESXCLI) to identify and troubleshoot
• Identify important vSphere log files and interpret the log file contents
• Analyze and resolve standard switch and distributed switch problems
• Analyze virtual machine connectivity problems and fix them
• Examine common management network connectivity problems and restore configurations
• Troubleshoot and resolve storage (iSCSI, NFS, and VMware vSphere® VMFS) connectivity and
• Analyze and resolve common VM snapshot problems
• Identify multipathing-related problems, including common causes of permanent device loss (PDL) and all
paths down (APD) events and resolve these problems
• Identify and recover from problems related to vSphere HA
• Analyze and resolve VMware vSphere® vMotion® configuration and operational problems
• Analyze and resolve common VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ problems
• Identify possible causes and resolve virtual machine power-on problems
• Troubleshoot virtual machine connection state problems
• Resolve problems seen during VMware Tools™ installations
• Analyze and fix problems with vCenter Server services
• Analyze and fix vCenter Server database problems
• Examine ESXi host and vCenter Server failure scenarios and resolve the problems
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our client managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings for your company at vSmart training offices or at your company site.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all the trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
In particular, the trainings you have received in Official VMware trainings are entered into the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite required to take the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert advisors at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.