10:00 - 17:00
VMware vSphere: What’s New tutorial covers new features and enhancements for VMware vCenter Server 7.0 and VMware ESXi 7.0.
It aims to convey the installation and configuration issues that the participants need in the most efficient way with real world scenarios, applied laboratories and subject expression. This training is recommended for companies / users who use vSphere in their existing infrastructure and will switch to vSphere 7.0.
After this training, participants can also participate in other advanced training on vSphere 7.0.
Participants who previously hold VCP-DCV 2019 certification will have the title of VCP-DCV 2020 without taking any exam at the end of the training.
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Describe the new vCenter Server Appliance deployment model
• Upgrade a vCenter Server Appliance instance to vCenter Server Appliance 7.0
• Migrate a Windows vCenter Server instance to vCenter Server Appliance 7.0
• Identify enhancements to vCenter Server Appliance
• Upgrade an ESXi host to version 7.0
• Recognize how to create and apply vCenter Server profiles
• Identify the scaling and performance improvements for vCenter Server Appliance
• Describe the support provided for dynamic DNS
• Recognize how to change the IP address or FQDN of vCenter Server
• Identify enhancements to the vCenter Server file-based backup
• Identify enhancements to tools provided by the vSphere Client Developer Center
• Describe prefix-based MAC address allocation
• Identify VMware NSX-T™ logical switches and their properties in the vSphere Client
• Describe version control and management of VM templates in Content Library
• Perform a VM template in-place update in Content Library
• Describe identity federation and recognize its use cases
• Configure identity federation
• Manage certificates using the vSphere Client
• Explain the benefits and capabilities of VMware Skyline™
• Recognize the enhancements made to ESXi security
• Identify hardware support updates in ESXi 7.0
• Recognize layout changes in the ESXi 7.0 system storage partitions
• Describe the enhancements made to ESXi timekeeping options in vSphere 7
• Identify the characteristics of VM compatibility level for ESXi 7.0
• Describe the support provided for new virtual devices in vSphere 7
• Recognize improvements to guest customization
• Migrate VMs with attached devices
• Describe the enhancements to NVMe support
• Describe the enhancements to VMware Pluggable Storage Architecture
• Describe the purpose of the High-Performance Plug-in
• Describe the support for iSER in vSphere 7
• Describe support for iSER in vSphere 7
• Identify VMware vSAN™ enhancements for vSphere 7
• Describe the enhancements to cloning, migration, and encryption operations
• Identify the enhancements to the VM encryption architecture in vSphere 7
• Recognize new VM encryption events and alarms
• Describe the benefits and use cases of VMware vSphere® Trust Authority™
• Explain the general architecture of vSphere Trust Authority
• Configure vSphere Trust Authority
• Recognize how to configure clusters using the vSphere Cluster Quickstart workflow
• Recognize improvements to vSphere DRS
• Identify improvements to vSphere ESX Agent Manager
• Describe scalable shares
• Configure VMware vSphere® DirectPath I/O™
• Describe features of vCenter Server Update Planner
• Run vCenter Server upgrade prechecks and interoperability reports
• Describe vSphere Lifecycle Manager
• Compare vSphere Lifecycle Manager to vSphere Update Manager
• Identify the components of an ESXi image
• Define a cluster image and update ESXi hosts using vSphere Lifecycle Manager
• Differentiate between containers and virtual machines
• Identify the parts of a container system
• Recognize the steps in a basic Docker workflow
• Explain the importance of Kubernetes
• Recognize the basic architecture of Kubernetes
• Describe a basic Kubernetes workflow
You can apply for the training you want to attend by filling out the e-mail, telephone or training participation form. Our client managers will take the registration by making the most appropriate training and date planning for you.
You can get the trainings open to general participation in the vSmart training offices. If you wish, you can only request closed group trainings for your company at vSmart training offices or at your company site.
Our trainings are planned as Foundation Level or Advanced Level. In the content of all the trainings, the level you need to be before the training and the technologies you need to know are specified separately.
In particular, the trainings you have received in Official VMware trainings are entered into the manufacturer's portal. In this way, the prerequisite required to take the exam is completed. The training of all other manufacturers is sufficient to take exams as they are prepared in accordance with the Official Curriculum.
If the current Official Training content is not enough for you, you can request Custom content that you will determine with our expert consultants at your company location and on your current structure with the “On the Job Training” model.
The trainings you request are given by the official manufacturer's Official Instructor and Trainer Certified trainers. Our trainer staff consists of L3 IT professionals with market experience and over 5000 hours of training experience. Upon your request, CV, Certificate and previous education information are shared with you.